2018 EXHIBITIONS LIST - Subject to Revision - check back regularly.
Please Note: This page is primarily to keep the Forum Members informed of the upcoming exhibits. Information is removed on a regular basis - as deadlines pass and exhibits end. After removal from this page - some of information regarding each Exhibit is moved to a History page.
Exhibits are open to participation at various levels as indicated on the list and in the Prospectus:
Open to Public - Anyone can participate.
NJPF Members - Updated Definition of Member (4/2016): A member is someone who has attended at least 4 meetings in their first year with the group. Once you have passed that milestone, you will be eligible to enter any of the exhibits that say for Members of the NJPF on the prospectus. You will be receiving prospectus along with a monthly newsletter once we get your email address into the system. All of our exhibits are juried or curated. We want to show the best work submitted. If you are selected, you will be expected to help with the exhibit delivery, hanging, refreshments and uninstall and pick up. This is an all volunteer story. With 10-12 exhibits annually, we need everyone to pitch in. You will find this camaraderie quite rewarding along with learning a lot about exhibitions and behind the scenes. ~~ Nancy Ori
Exhibition Committee Members* (see below) — The members of the NJPF Exhibition Committee only.
All detailed information on individual shows may be found in the Prospectus for the show. Contact the curator of the show for a copy of the prospectus.
Number of participants in any given show is limited by the space available. Participants will be chosen on a date of submission basis (except for juried-in shows). Each participant will be allowed a minimum and a maximum number of pieces in an exhibit as specified in the prospectus.
- Standard framing and matting rules apply to all exhibits unless otherwise indicated in the Prospectus.
- All venues take a commission on sales. See the Prospectus for the exact amount.
- All pieces should be self insured, even if the venue also provides insurance (most do not).
- Unless otherwise indicated all shows are not juried (judged) and no prizes or ribbons will be awarded.
- All shows will have a participation fee (unless otherwise noted) to cover administrative, advertising and
reception costs. See prospectus for exact amount.
- If you cannot make a delivery or pick-up date and time you need to make arrangements with someone
else to do this for you.
This list is for informational purposes only. It is not intended for requesting to be in a show. Entering
into a show will be done in accordance with the prosectus when developed and distributed.
* The mission of the Exhibition Committee of the New Jersey Photography Forum is to manage the NJPF exhibition activities and programs including: Annual juried show(s), find and manage additional exhibits, produce professional workshops and other events for NJPF, and manage the NJPF website and monthly newsletters. It will promote a professional approach to exhibitions through ongoing training, create systemic documents as tools for exhibition management, develop appropriate guidelines for exhibitors and oversee the on-going of all NJPF exhibit activities. All members of the Exhibition Committee will be involved in the activities on a regular and on-going basis. Nancy Ori 6/3/14
Starlight Gallery January 6, 2018 - February 28, 2018
Mayo Performing Arts Center
100 South Street
Theme: Abstracts - Large Works *ExComm
Curator: Charles Miller email@example.com
Overlook Hospital January 6, 2018 - April 7, 2018
99 Beauvoir Avenue
Theme: Down the Shore *Members
Curators: Heidi Sussman firstname.lastname@example.org & John Clarke
Gallery 1978 March 31, 2018 - May 12, 2018
Maplewood Arts Center
1978 Springfield Ave, Maplewood, NJ
Theme: Post No Bills * Members
Curator: Charlann Meluso email@example.com
Pick Up Date: Saturday May 12, 2018- Closing reception 2 pm - 5 pm (Work picked up at 5 pm)
Lakefront Gallery April 14, 2018 - June 27, 2018
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital
1 Hamilton Health Place
Hamilton Township, NJ 08690
Theme: Passages *Members
Curator: Ken Curtis firstname.lastname@example.org
Pick Up Date: June 28, 2018 @ 5pm - 7:30pm
Venetian Care & Rehabilitation Center May 26, 2018 - September 29, 2018
275 John T O'Leary Blvd
Perth Amboy, NJ 08879
Theme: Celebration Of Trees *Invitational
Curators: Nancy Ori & Paul Donohoe email@example.com
Drop Off / Hang Date:
Pick Up Date:
Old York Cellars June 27, 2018 - October 3, 2018
80 Old York Road
Theme: The World In Motion *Members
Curator: Mitchell Speert firstname.lastname@example.org & Charles Miller
Submission Date: May 25, 2018
Notification Date: June 4, 2018
Drop Off / Hang Date: June 27, 2018 @ Noon
Reception Date: July 14, 2018 @ 4-7pm (part of OYC's Jersey Fest)
Pick Up Date: October 3, 2018 @ Noon
The Gallery Space - Rahway August 29, 2018 - September 29, 2018
1670 Irving Street
Theme: Abstracts (18 x 24 and up) *Members
Curators: Nancy Ori email@example.com & Charlann Meluso
Submission Date: July 15, 2018
Notification Date: August 1, 2018
Drop Off / Hang Date: August 28, 2018 @ 10am (hanging at 11am)
Reception Date: September 9, 2018 @ 1-4pm
Pick Up Date: September 30, 2018 @ 1-4pm
Mayo Performing Art Center September 18, 2018 - October 30, 2018
100 South Street
Theme: Colorific *Members
Curators: Charles Miller firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission Date: August 9, 2018
Notification Date: August 29, 2018
Drop Off / Hang Date: September 18, 2018 @ 10:30-11:30am
Reception Date: September 23, 2018 @ 3-5pm
Pick Up Date: October 30, 2018 @ 10-11am
WAC November 1, 2018 - November 30, 2018
18 Stirling Road
Annual Exhibit *Members and Public
This is a work in progress.......................................