2020-2021 EXHIBITIONS LIST - Subject to Revision - check back regularly.
Please Note: This page is primarily to keep the Forum Members informed of the upcoming exhibits. Information is removed on a regular basis - as deadlines pass and exhibits end. After removal from this page - some of information regarding each Exhibit is moved to a History page.
Exhibits are open to participation at various levels as indicated on the list and in the Prospectus:
Open to Public - Anyone can participate.
NJPF Members - Updated Definition of Member (4/2016): A member is someone who has attended at least 4 meetings in their first year with the group. Once you have passed that milestone, you will be eligible to enter any of the exhibits that say for Members of the NJPF on the prospectus. You will be receiving prospectus along with a monthly newsletter once we get your email address into the system. All of our exhibits are juried or curated. We want to show the best work submitted. If you are selected, you will be expected to help with the exhibit delivery, hanging, refreshments and uninstall and pick up. This is an all volunteer story. With 10-12 exhibits annually, we need everyone to pitch in. You will find this camaraderie quite rewarding along with learning a lot about exhibitions and behind the scenes. ~~ Nancy Ori
Exhibition Committee Members* (see below) — The members of the NJPF Exhibition Committee only.
All detailed information on individual shows may be found in the Prospectus for the show. Contact the curator of the show for a copy of the prospectus.
Number of participants in any given show is limited by the space available. Participants will be chosen on a date of submission basis (except for juried-in shows). Each participant will be allowed a minimum and a maximum number of pieces in an exhibit as specified in the prospectus.
- Standard framing and matting rules apply to all exhibits unless otherwise indicated in the Prospectus.
- All venues take a commission on sales. See the Prospectus for the exact amount.
- All pieces should be self insured, even if the venue also provides insurance (most do not).
- Unless otherwise indicated all shows are not juried (judged) and no prizes or ribbons will be awarded.
- All shows will have a participation fee (unless otherwise noted) to cover administrative, advertising and
reception costs. See prospectus for exact amount.
- If you cannot make a delivery or pick-up date and time you need to make arrangements with someone
else to do this for you.
This list is for informational purposes only. It is not intended for requesting to be in a show. Entering
into a show will be done in accordance with the prospectus when developed and distributed.
* The mission of the Exhibition Committee of the New Jersey Photography Forum is to manage the NJPF exhibition activities and programs including: Annual juried show(s), find and manage additional exhibits, produce professional workshops and other events for NJPF, and manage the NJPF website and monthly newsletters. It will promote a professional approach to exhibitions through ongoing training, create systemic documents as tools for exhibition management, develop appropriate guidelines for exhibitors and oversee the on-going of all NJPF exhibit activities. All members of the Exhibition Committee will be involved in the activities on a regular and on-going basis. Nancy Ori 6/3/14
2020 - 2021
Old York Cellars October 1, 2019 - January 9, 2020
80 Old York Road
Theme: Close Up & Personal *Members
Curators: Mitchell Speert [email protected] & Charles Miller [email protected]
Submission Date: August 25, 2019
Notification Date: September 8, 2019
Drop Off / Hang Date: October 1, 2019 @ Noon
Reception Date: (none)
Pick Up Date: January 15, 2020 @ Noon
Overlook Hospital Auxiliary Gallery January 4, 2020 - April 4, 2020
99 Beauvoir Avenue
Theme: Structure *Members
Curators: Ray Yaros [email protected]
Submission Date: November 24, 2019
Notification Date: December 3, 2019
Drop Off / Hang Date: January 4, 2019 @ 11am - Noon
Reception Date: (none)
Pick Up Date: April 4, 2020 @ 10:30 - 11:30
Visual Arts Center of New Jersey July 10, 2020 - August 31, 2020
68 Elm Street
Summit, NJ 07901
Theme: Focus Forward (Virtual Presentation) *Members
Curators: Nancy Ori [email protected] & Russ Wills [email protected]ail.com
Virtual Artist Talks Date: August 19, 2020, 5:00 - 7:00pm
The Gallery Space - Rahway March 21, 2021 - April 16, 2021
1670 Irving Street
Theme: With Grace & Grit *Members
Curator: Nancy Ori [email protected]
Opening: March 21, 2021, 1:00 - 4:00pm
Hours: Monday through Friday, 1:00 - 4:00pm (or By Appointment)
County College of Morris May 20, 2021 - July 15, 2021
Sherman Masten Learning Resource Center
14 Center Grove Road
Theme: Inspiration and Exploration *Members
Curators: Charles Miller & Nancy Ori [email protected]
Submission Date: April 19, 2021
Notification Date: May 3, 2021
Drop Off / Hang Date: May 18, 2021 @ 11am - Noon
Reception Date: Thursday, July 15, 2021 @ 5pm - 7pm
Pick Up Date: Thursday, July 15, 2021 following the reception
** SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT OUR EXHIBIT SCHEDULE **
Due to the Coronavirus Pandemic, many of the facilities in which we had planned exhibitions for in 2020 & 2021 have been forced to shut down or greatly limited public access. We are currently working with our partners on a new schedule for mid-2021 and beyond.
This is a work in progress.......................................