Upcoming Exhibitions 2021-2022
Watchung Performing Arts Center Nov. 2, 2021 - Nov. 30, 2021
18 Stirling Road
Theme: International Photography Exhibit *Open to the public
Prospectus: click here
Curator: Nancy Ori [email protected]
Submission Deadline: July 14, 2021 @ Midnight
Notification Date: August 1, 2021
Mail-In Deadline: October 30, 2021 @ Midnight
In-Person Drop-off: October 31, 2021 @ Noon - 1pm
Reception Date: (There is no reception for this virtual exhibit. Instead, we will have a Curator's Conference via Zoom on November 13, at 1pm, where Nancy Ori will review the exhibit and ask several artists to speak about their work.)
Pick Up Date: November 30, 2021 @ 1pm (or by appt.); return shipping December 1
Mayo Performing Arts Center September 9, 2021 - October 18, 2021
100 South Street
Theme: Colorific *NJPF MEMBERS ONLY
Prospectus: click here
Curators: Charles Miller & Theresa Hood [email protected]
Submission Date: August 1, 2021
Notification Date: August 13, 2021
Drop Off / Hang Date: September 8, 2021 @ 10:30am - 11:30am
Reception Date: September 19, 2021 @ 5pm - 7pm
Pick Up Date: October 19, 2021 @ 10:00am - 11:00am
Please Note: This page is primarily to keep the Forum Members informed of the upcoming exhibits. Information is removed on a regular basis - as deadlines pass and exhibits end. After removal from this page - some of information regarding each Exhibit is moved to a History page.
Exhibits are open to participation at various levels as indicated on the list and in the Prospectus:
Open to the Public - Anyone can participate.
NJPF Members - Updated Definition of Member (4/2016): A member is someone who has attended at least 4 meetings in their first year with the group. Once you have passed that milestone, you will be eligible to enter any of the exhibits that say for Members of the NJPF on the prospectus. You will be receiving prospectus along with a monthly newsletter once we get your email address into the system. All of our exhibits are juried or curated. We want to show the best work submitted. If you are selected, you will be expected to help with the exhibit delivery, hanging, refreshments and uninstall and pick up. This is an all volunteer story. With 10-12 exhibits annually, we need everyone to pitch in. You will find this camaraderie quite rewarding along with learning a lot about exhibitions and behind the scenes. ~~ Nancy Ori
Exhibition Committee Members* (see below) — The members of the NJPF Exhibition Committee only.
All detailed information on individual shows may be found in the Prospectus for the show. Contact the curator of the show for a copy of the prospectus.
Number of participants in any given show is limited by the space available. Participants will be chosen on a date of submission basis (except for juried-in shows). Each participant will be allowed a minimum and a maximum number of pieces in an exhibit as specified in the prospectus.
- Standard framing and matting rules apply to all exhibits unless otherwise indicated in the Prospectus.
- All venues take a commission on sales. See the Prospectus for the exact amount.
- All pieces should be self insured, even if the venue also provides insurance (most do not).
- Unless otherwise indicated all shows are not juried (judged) and no prizes or ribbons will be awarded.
- All shows will have a participation fee (unless otherwise noted) to cover administrative, advertising and
reception costs. See prospectus for exact amount.
- If you cannot make a delivery or pick-up date and time you need to make arrangements with someone
else to do this for you.
This list is for informational purposes only. It is not intended for requesting to be in a show. Entering
into a show will be done in accordance with the prospectus when developed and distributed.
* The mission of the Exhibition Committee of the New Jersey Photography Forum is to manage the NJPF exhibition activities and programs including: Annual juried show(s), find and manage additional exhibits, produce professional workshops and other events for NJPF, and manage the NJPF website and monthly newsletters. It will promote a professional approach to exhibitions through ongoing training, create systemic documents as tools for exhibition management, develop appropriate guidelines for exhibitors and oversee the on-going of all NJPF exhibit activities. All members of the Exhibition Committee will be involved in the activities on a regular and on-going basis. Nancy Ori 6/3/14