IMAGE AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
· Image Creation: Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant, acquired and printed from emulsion-based material or digital capture. Alternative process, mixed media, composites, and collage work are welcome from original images created by the entrant.
· Alterations: By virtue of submitting an image, the entrant certifies the work as their own. Images may be altered, either electronically with image software or apps, or by hand with art materials by the entrant. Images may not incorporate elements produced by anyone else (for example: clip art, or art by others downloaded from the Internet). Images may not be constructed entirely by a computer, or by the spoken word, such as with Artificial Intelligence-generated images. Adjustments to enhance or creatively modify images are allowed. The entrant may use image processing software and apps (like Photoshop, Snapseed, Topaz, NIK, etc.) to employ filters, overlays, adjustments, textures, or other manipulations to enhance or modify their original image.
· Framing and Matting: Unless otherwise indicated in the Prospectus, all pieces shall be framed and matted in accordance with NJPF Standards: black frame, white mat, securely wired. Canvas wraps, metal prints or other flush mounted work with black float frames are acceptable. No clip frames. While it is okay to reuse a frame or mat, the photographer must take special care to ensure that there is no visual or structural damage to any area. For a copy of our illustrated framing guidelines click here.
· Insurance: All pieces should be self-insured, even if the venue also provides insurance (most do not).
· Fees: All shows will have a participation fee (unless otherwise noted) to cover administrative, advertising and reception costs. See prospectus for exact amount.
· Delivery and Pick-up: For every exhibit there will be specific windows of time listed for when pieces are to be dropped off for installation and picked up after the program has ended. If you cannot make a delivery or pick-up date and time you need to make arrangements with someone else to do this for you.