The Gallery Space March 19, 2023 - April 14, 2023
1670 Irving St.
Theme: The Touch of a Woman *NJPF MEMBERS ONLY
Submission Date: February 1, 2023
Notification Date: February 8, 2023
Drop Off / Hang Date: March 11, 2023 @ 11:00am - Noon
Reception Date: March 19, 2023 @ 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Pick Up Date: April 15, 2023 @ 10:00am
Mayo Performing Arts Center September 6, 2023 - October 17, 2023
100 South Street
Theme: Colorific *NJPF MEMBERS ONLY
Curators: Charles Miller & Theresa Hood ([email protected])
Submission Date: (TBD)
Drop Off / Hang Date: September 6, 2023
Reception Date: (TBD)
Pick Up Date: October 17, 2023 @ 10:00am - 11:00am
Watchung Performing Arts Center Nov. 1, 2023 - Dec. 3, 2023 (in-person)
18 Stirling Road Sept. 1, 2023 - Jan. 15, 2024 (on-line)
Theme: International Photography Exhibit *Open to the public
Submission Deadline: July 14, 2023 @ Midnight ET
Notification Date: August 15, 2023
Mail-In Deadline for accepted work: Fri., October 20 @ Midnight ET
In-Person Drop-off for accepted work: Sat., October 28 @ 10am ET
Opening Reception Date: Sun., November 5 @ 1-4pm ET
Zoom Conference Call, featuring curator and select artists: November 18 @ 3-5pm ET
Pick Up Date: December 4 @ 10am ET (or by appointment)
Return Shipping begins January 15, 2024
Exhibits are open to participation at various levels as indicated on the list and in the Prospectus:
Open to the Public - Anyone can participate.
NJPF Members - A member is someone who has attended at least 4 meetings in their first year with the group. Once you have passed that milestone, you will be eligible to enter any of the exhibits that say for Members of the NJPF on the prospectus. You will be receiving prospectus along with a monthly newsletter once we get your email address into the system. All of our exhibits are juried or curated. We want to show the best work submitted. If you are selected, you will be expected to help with the exhibit delivery, hanging, refreshments and uninstall and pick up. This is an all-volunteer story. With 10-12 exhibits annually, we need everyone to pitch in. You will find this camaraderie quite rewarding along with learning a lot about exhibitions and behind the scenes. ~~ Nancy Ori
Image and Entry Requirements:
- Image Creation - Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant, acquired and printed from emulsion-based material or digital capture. Alternative process, mixed media, composites, and collage work are welcome from original images created by the entrant.
- Alterations - By virtue of submitting an image, the entrant certifies the work as their own. Images may be altered, either electronically with image software or apps, or by hand with art materials by the entrant. Images may not incorporate elements produced by anyone else (for example: clip art, or art by others downloaded from the Internet). Images may not be constructed entirely by a computer, or by the spoken word, such as with Artificial Intelligence-generated images. Adjustments to enhance or creatively modify images are allowed. The entrant may use image processing software and apps (like Photoshop, Snapseed, Topaz, NIK, etc.) to employ filters, overlays, adjustments, textures, or other manipulations to enhance or modify their original image.
* For additional requirements, please see our Exhibit Guidelines page.
This page is primarily to keep the Forum Members informed of the upcoming exhibits. Information is removed on a regular basis - as deadlines pass and exhibits end. After removal from this page - some of information regarding each Exhibit is moved to a History page.
All detailed information on individual shows may be found in the Prospectus for the show. Contact the curator of the show for a copy of the prospectus.
Number of participants in any given show is limited by the space available. Participants will be chosen on a date of submission basis (except for juried-in shows). Each participant will be allowed a minimum and a maximum number of pieces in an exhibit as specified in the prospectus.
- Standard framing and matting rules apply to all exhibits unless otherwise indicated in the Prospectus.
- All venues take a commission on sales. See the Prospectus for the exact amount.
- All pieces should be self-insured, even if the venue also provides insurance (most do not).
- Unless otherwise indicated all shows are not juried (judged) and no prizes or ribbons will be awarded.
- All shows will have a participation fee (unless otherwise noted) to cover administrative, advertising and
reception costs. See prospectus for exact amount.
- If you cannot make a delivery or pick-up date and time you need to make arrangements with someone
else to do this for you.
This list is for informational purposes only. It is not intended for requesting to be in a show. Entering
into a show will be done in accordance with the prospectus when developed and distributed.
* The mission of the Exhibition Committee of the New Jersey Photography Forum is to manage the NJPF exhibition activities and programs including: Annual juried show(s), find and manage additional exhibits, produce professional workshops and other events for NJPF, and manage the NJPF website and monthly newsletters. It will promote a professional approach to exhibitions through ongoing training, create systemic documents as tools for exhibition management, develop appropriate guidelines for exhibitors and oversee the on-going of all NJPF exhibit activities. All members of the Exhibition Committee will be involved in the activities on a regular and on-going basis. Nancy Ori (6/3/14)